Share this on WhatsApp
US President Donald Trump on Sunday said he will not allow the killing of Christians in the middle east to continue.
President Trump, who stated this in a tweet, via his Twitter handle @realDonaldTrump, said Christians in the Midde-East have been executed in large numbers.
Last week, he signed an executive order imposing a ban on citizens from seven predominately Muslim countries – Yemen, Libya, Sudan, Iraq, Iran, Syria and Somalia.
His action has sparked off a protest in the US.
Trump’s tweet reads, “Christians in the Middle-East have been executed in large numbers. We cannot all this horror to continue.”
Minority Christians have been victims of attacks in Syria and Iraq by the Islamic State since its insurgency started.
But Christians in Egypt and Pakistan have also been reportedly targeted by extremists.
Trump’s tweet was retweeted more that 25,000 times and like by over 88,000 users in less than four hours.